Guide to ALL key items in Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain
Let's go on a hunt for collectibles in MGS V: the Phantom Pain.
If you are looking to unlock the Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain "Collector" achievement or just want unlock all the trinkets made available to Big Boss you will not be able to avoid find and collect key items scattered around the game world.
There are 20 key items in total, here's what you need to do to unlock them all:
- 12 unlock automatically as you progress through the story, complete all main missions and important optional missions (those highlighted in yellow);
- 2 are unlocked by achieving S rank in all 50 main story missions. A key item is unlocked by completing the 12 main mission variants (Extreme, Subsistance and Total Stealth) and another key item is unlocked by completing the other 38 main missions. If you have difficulty, follow the solution of Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain [rank "S" in all missions];
- 2 are unlocked by extracting a total of 1000 enemies with the fulton system;
- 2 are unlocked by finding all the invoices. If you have difficulty follow the guide to the fast travel, all the Hexes of Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain;
- 1 unlocks by marking a total of 500 enemies;
- 1 is unlocked by finding the first aid manual found in Africa, in the Masa village.
To see which ones you have already taken, open the iDroid and then go to Mother Base - Database - Documents. Don't forget to also consult the Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain cheats and guides tab for other useful guides on this game.