Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag: how to unlock all weapons
The new Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag lands on our consoles, including the brand new Xbox One and PS4, with a generous baggage of weapons of all kinds. If you want to unlock them and have the possibility to use them in your raids, all you have to do is keep reading.
AC 4 unlockable weapons guide
Most of the weapons available in the game can be bought in the game's stores, so you would do well to keep an eye on our guides on the different ways to earn money in this game (they are together with the others in the tab Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag cheats and guides). Others can be unlocked by completing particular tasks during the adventure.
Below you will find the list of unlockable weapons and equipment with indicated what you need to do to get them. I remind you that to change your weapon you will have to change your equipment from inside the cabin of the Jackdaw ship. Good fun!
- British Colonial Cutlass - You can buy it from the shop.
- British Cutlass - You can buy it from the shop.
- Espada Ancha - Can be purchased from the shop.
- French Court Sword - Can be purchased from the shop.
- French Dress Sword - You can buy it from the shop.
- Officer's Rapier - Can be purchased from the shop.
- Officer's Smallsword - Obtained at the beginning of the game.
- Persian Scimitar - Complete Community Challenge # 4.
- Pirate Scimitar - You can buy it from the shop.
- Sword Gun - Complete all Assassination missions.
- Privateer's Cutlass - Can be purchased from the shop.
- Scottish Broadsword - Find 3 collective treasures (for more help follow this guide).
- Spanish Cup-hilt Rapier - You can buy it from the shop.
- The Blades of Toledo - Unlocks for 30 Uplay points.
- Cannon-Barrel - Can be purchased from the shop.
- Captain Wheellock Guns - Complete Community Challenge # 5.
- Flintlock Pistol - Complete Sequence 2 - Memory 3.
- Silver Flintlock Pistol - Included in the GameStop exclusive “The Black Island Pack” DLC.
- Golden Flintlock Pistol - Complete all naval missions (follow the naval missions guide).
- Pirate Blunderbus - You can buy it from the shop.
- Spanish Official Pistol - You can buy it from the shop.
- Wheellock Pistol - You can buy it from the shop.
Weapons of Enemies
If you are in the mood for a challenge, instead of buying weapons from shops you can steal them from enemies by disarming them. Press forward to counterattack, down to disarm, and immediately back to kill. Easy isn't it?
- Ax - Disarm a Brute.
- Dagger - Disarm a Scout.
- Musket - Disarm a Gunslinger.
- Sword - Disarm a Soldier or Captain.
- Blowpipe - Complete Sequence 4.
- Rope Darts - You will unlock this towards the end of the Singleplayer Campaign.
- Smoke Bombs - Can be purchased from the shop or by randomly searching on killed enemies or in chests.