How to activate the on-screen keyboard on Windows, Mac and Linux? Maybe it's a tool that isn't used much. But depending on what you need to do, it might be useful to learn how to activate the on-screen keyboard on different operating systems.
How to create a hard drive partition in Windows?
Especially for those people who have computers with touch screen. This way you can get the most out of the virtual keyboard. Although of course it can be used to do many things.
We will not discuss in this article why it might be useful activate the on-screen keyboard on Windows, Mac and Linux. Instead we will focus only on how to activate the virtual keyboard on windows , Mac and Linux. So without beating around the bush let's get started.
The steps to activate it are very simple, albeit they may vary slightly depending on your operating system and versions of it. As it can be for example, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, where the processes to follow change a bit due to the aesthetics of these.
However, we will try to explain in more detail how to enable this functionality in these and others operating systems such as Linux and Mac.
How to activate the on-screen keyboard on Windows 7
In the case of Windows 7 activating the virtual keyboard is remarkably simple.
- The first thing you need to do is click on "Start".
- So you have to go to "All programs".
- Now you have to go to "Accessories".
- Next, go to the folder "Accessibilità"And you will see the"On-screen keyboard".
How to activate the on-screen keyboard in Windows 8
- In the case of Windows 8 you have to right click on the taskbar.
- A pop-up menu opens and you need to go to "toolbar".
- Another menu opens and here you have to choose "Touch keyboard".
- This way you will be able to view the touch keyboard in the taskbar. This way you can activate it whenever you need it.
In case you don't want to have it in the taskbar, you can activate it like this:
- Go to "Control Panel".
- So you have to go to "Accessibilità".
- So to "Accessibility Center".
- And finally "Launch the on-screen keyboard".
How to activate the on-screen keyboard in Windows 10
In the case of Windows 10 we will use a very simple and straightforward method.
- We press on "Start".
- After this you have to write "On-screen keyboard”And click on Enter.
If you look at the icon in the system tray, you can right-click and choose “Dock in the system tray” so that you don't have to go through the whole process again.
How to activate the virtual keyboard on Linux
Before activating the virtual keyboard in Linux it is essential to activate a function from the system accessibility panel. We will follow these steps to activate it:
- First you have to go to the "Menu System".
- Then we activate the "assistive technologies".
- Now go to "Pref Renze".
- Click on "Assistive technologies".
- So, you have to go to "Favorite applications".
- Then go to the "Accessibilità".
In case you want the keyboard to be available on the home screen, you need to check the box in question. To activate the function you will have to press "Alt + F2"And then write"onBoard"Without quotes.
How to enable the Mac on-screen keyboard
- Let's go to the top of the screen on the left and press on the block.
- A menu opens with several options. What interests us is "Preferences of system".
- So we will go to the "Keyboard"And if you look down you can check a box that says"Show viewers and keyboard characters in the menu bar".
- Next, you will see that a new icon appears in the menu bar, you need to click on it.
- You will be able to see some options. You must activate "Show keyboard viewer”To be able to view it on the screen.
You can configure it like any window.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will get back to you as soon as possible, and I am sure they will be of great help to the members of the community. Thank you!