Windows 7 desktop widgets include clocks, calendar, currency converters, world clock, presentation, weather reports, and even CPU performance. Unfortunately, this feature no longer exists.
However, you can add these widgets to your desktop using some third party tools. So, if you are looking to do it, you are in the right place. We offer you a perfect guide that will help you get Windows 10 widgets to your desktop. Let's get, let's set, widgets!
- How to prevent Microsoft Edge from opening PDF on Windows 10
- How to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11
- Windows 10 black screen, 17 solutions
- Speed up Windows 10, seven and a half methods
Desktop Widgets and Gadgets have been favorites for several years. They can view the time, weather conditions, sticky notes and other additional features on the screen. You can place these widgets and gadgets anywhere on the desktop.
Normally, most of the users prefer to place them in the upper right corner of the screen. They also have the option of being hidden on the background screen.
These useful widgets and gadgets have been removed from Windows 8 onwards. After that, it is no longer possible to determine the time of a unit located in another country or view an RSS / CPU feed with a single click on the desktop.
Due to security concerns, Windows 7 eliminated widgets from the system. Vulnerabilities in gadgets could allow a remote hacker to gain access rights to run your system, and your system could be hijacked or hacked.
However, with the help of third party tools, these widgets and gadgets can be safely restored on the Windows 10 desktop.
Despite the security concerns, if you want to add widgets to your desktop, you can use one of these four essential third-party tools:
- Widget Launcher
- Desktop gadgets in Windows
Read on to learn how to get Windows 10 widgets to desktop.
Widget Launcher is immensely modernized in its interface. It is easy to use and understand. Follow these steps to get Windows 10 widgets to desktop using Widget Launcher:
1. Click the collegamento provided here and click the button Get displayed on the right side of the screen.
2. A prompt titled Open Microsoft Store? will appear. Here, click Open Microsoft Store and proceed as shown below.
Final report: You can also select Always allow www.microsoft.com to open links in the associated app box on the prompt screen.
3. Once again, click the button Get as shown below and wait the application is downloaded.
4. Once the installation process is complete, click starts.
5. The Widget Launcher will be opened now. Click the widget that you want to display on the screen.
6. Now, click Launch widget in the lower right corner as shown below.
7. Now, the selected Widgets will be displayed on the desktop screen background.
8. An example of a digital clock is used here.
- To close the Widget - Click the X symbol.
- To change the theme - Click the simbolo Paint.
- To change the settings - Click gear icon.
9. Then, turn the function on / off as shown in the image below; click on OK.
With the help of Widget Launcher, you can use additional widget features like news feed, gallery, network performance test and other desktop widgets for Windows 10.
Another easy way to add widgets to your system is to use the Windows Desktop Gadget tool. This application supports multiple languages and is also easy to use. Follow these steps to add widgets to the Windows 10 desktop using Windows Desktop Gadgets:
1. Go to the Windows Desktop Gadget Download page using this link. A zip file will be downloaded.
2. Now go to the folder Download on your PC and open the zip file.
3. Now, select the language to use during installation and click OK as shown here.
4. Install the Windows Desktop Gadgets application on your system.
5. Now, click il right mouse button on the desktop screen. You will see an option titled Gadget. Click on it as shown below.
6. The gadgets screen will appear. Drag and drop the gadget you want to bring to your desktop screen.
Final report: Calendar, Clock, CPU Indicator, Currency, Feed Titles, Picture Puzzles, Slide Show and Weather are some predefined gadgets present in Windows Desktop Gadget. You can also add more gadgets by browsing online.
7. To close the gadget, click on the symbol X.
8. To change the gadget setting, click options as shown in the image below.
Follow these steps to get Windows 10 widgets to desktop using 8GadgetPack:
1. Click the collegamento provided here and click the button DOWNLOAD.
2. Now go up Download on your PC and double-click the file 8GadgetPackSetup.
3. Install the 8GadgetPack application on your computer.
4. Once the installation is complete, start the application in the system.
5. Now, right-click on the desktop and click Gadget like before.
6. Here you can see the list of gadgets available in 8GadgetPack by clicking on the symbol +.
7. The Gadgets screen will now be displayed. Drag and drop the gadget you want to bring to your desktop screen.
Follow these steps to add widgets to the Windows 10 desktop using Rainmeter:
1. Switch to the page is downloaded at Rainmeter using the link. A file will be downloaded to your system.
2. Now in the pop-up Rainmeter Setup, select the language installer from the drop-down menu and click OK. Please refer to the image provided.
3. Installa l’app Rainmeter on your system.
4. Now, the system performance data such as CPU usage, RAM usage, SWAP usage, disk space, time and date, are displayed on the screen as shown below.
We hope this guide has been helpful and you have been able to add widgets to desktop on Windows 10. Let us know which application you liked the most. Also, if you have any questions / comments about this article, feel free to post them in the comment section.