Huawei is one of the largest mobile phone suppliers producing quality smartphones around the world. The company has released several units that support excellent quality displays and resolution. For this reason, Huawei mobile phones are perfect for watching movies, movies and games. However, we still can't deny the pleasure of watching digital content on a bigger screen.
In fact, there are many ways to cast your phone to your computer or television, but most require complex and repetitive steps. This post will help you to connect Huawei P40 Lite to TV as it introduces the best methods for Huawei P40 Lite screen mirroring. What are you waiting for? Take a look at the applications recommended in the article.
The 3 best solutions to connect Huawei P40 Lite to TV
- Mirror Share
1. ApowerMirror - Mirror Huawei P40 Lite screen on PC and MAC
ApowerMirror is a mature application that allows Android and iOS users to mirror their screen to their Windows PC and Mac. It supports various types of devices, including the most popular such as Samsung, Huawei, LG and HTC. With this tool, you can stream music, videos, pictures, games and applications stored on your phone.
The side menu has capture buttons that can take screenshots, record screen activity, and highlight or draw symbols and figures. Here is the guide on how to use this screen mirroring app on Huawei P40 Lite.
- Download and open ApowerMirror on your computer. Download
- Install and launch the app on your Android device.
- Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi network to establish a successful connection.
- Just open the app on your mobile and then press the blue M button located at the bottom of the Android screen. When the computer is detected, tap it to establish the connection.
- When a window pops up on your phone, click "Start Now" to start the Huawei P40 Lite screen mirroring on your computer. You will see that the Huawei screen is streamed to your PC in real time.
- Disable the connection on your Android by clicking on the yellow icon next to your computer name.
2. MirrorShare - Cast Huawei P40 Lite screen to Smart TV
Another way to achieve screen mirroring is via the default feature present on Huawei devices is MirrorShare. While ApowerMirror helps you to connect your phone to PC, this app can cast Huawei screen to your Smart TV.
It allows you to project movies, videos, images and gameplay on your Huawei P40 Lite. Then, you can share your favorite movies with your colleagues or do a tutorial. To mirror Huawei P40 Lite to your TV via this feature, please read the steps below.
- To start, press the Menu button on the remote control of the TV.
- From the options, select “Network”> “AllShare Settings”> “Screen Mirroring”.
- Next, open your Android and go to “Settings”> “Advanced Settings”> “MirrorShare”.
- Once your source is detected, tap it and wait for the connection to be established.
3. HiSuite - How to connect Huawei P40 Lite to computer via HiSuite
If you feel that the above two applications are still not enough, you can try HiSuite. It is a phone manager specially designed for phones manufactured by Huawei. This tool is essentially designed for managing and organizing files on mobile devices, including file transfer.
Besides, it has other useful features and you can turn it into a Huawei screen mirroring app. To use this program to cast your device to your PC, see the instructions here.
- Download and install HiSuite on your computer.
- Once installed, launch the program and enable USB debugging mode on your Android.
- Take the USB cable and connect one end to the computer and the other to your Huawei.
- Once the connection with the device is established, you will see the mirrored screen on the left side of the application.
How to connect Huawei to TV via Chromecast
Then there is the Google Chromecast. This device will give you allows you to stream content from your Huawei P40 Lite directly to your TV. All you need to do is install the app Google Home, which you will find for free in the Play Store and connect the Chromecast to the port HDMI of the TV.
In the Google Home app menu, select Cast Screen / Audio, then tap the blue button, then select the device you want to connect to.
Alternatively, some devices have a Cast button in the quick settings panel, found by swiping down from the top of the device screen. If the Cast option isn't available, you may be able to add it to the quick settings in your phone's options.
Official method of connecting Huawei P40 Lite to TV
Here's how to connect the Huawei P40 Lite to a TV via the multi-screen / MirrorShare function:
- Turn on the TV and go to the network settings, connect the TV to the hotspot network.
- Turn on the TV and go to settings, select the Screen mirroring / Multi-screen option. Connect the TV to the hotspot network.
- Now connect the Huawei P40 Lite to the same hotspot network.
- Scroll down the notification bar.
- Swipe your finger in the left direction.
- Click the Multi-screen / MirrorShare link.
- You can also open Multi-screen / MirrorShare option from Settings-> Advanced settings-> Multi-screen / MirrorShare.
- The search for the TV name will start.
- Click on the TV name.
- After clicking on the TV Name option, a message will appear on the TV that this device wants to connect. Click allow option.
- When you successfully connect to the TV, the notification will come.
- Open any image, now, it will be displayed on the TV screen.
- If you open the image and it is not yet displayed on the TV, click on the image, it will show the multi-screen icon. Click on it.
- Select the TV name.
Cast Huawei P40 Lite screen to TV via cable
For this method, you need to have an MHL adapter which can be easily found on the Internet. Also, make sure the MHL adapter is compatible with Huawei devices. Now, follow the steps below one after the other to mirror your device screen to any TV.
- First, you need to connect the Huawei P40 Lite to the MHL adapter and make sure the connection is established correctly.
- Next you need to connect the MHL adapter output from the device as an input to the HDMI port of the TV.
- Finally, you need to choose the HDMI port on your TV and set it to receive video from the device. When finished, you can connect the Huawei P40 Lite to the TV.
The methods mentioned above offer various ways to understand how to mirror Huawei P40 Lite to TV or PC. Finally, casting your Huawei P40 Lite screen shouldn't be a boring process.
If you choose the right tool for Huawei P40 Lite screen mirroring, you shouldn't waste your time and effort. For example, ApowerMirror offers a simple and straightforward way to project Huawei P40 Lite display on Mac and Windows PC.