The process for turning subtitles on and off on Amazon Prime Video varies depending on the device you are using. When you turn on subtitles on Amazon Prime Video for a movie or TV series, they will remain displayed for other shows and movies you watch on the same device. Subtitles can make shows on Amazon Prime accessible to everyone on any device, even when the audio is hard to hear.
You can also adjust the size and color of subtitles on Amazon Prime Video, making them easier to see on any display or in any lighting situation. Whether you want to watch a show in silence while your partner sleeps or make it easier for someone with hearing or hearing loss to enjoy a show, subtitles are sometimes a necessary feature for watching TV or movies.
And with Amazon Prime Video, this is fortunately a feature you can turn on or off. Here's how to do it on your smart TV, phone, or computer.
- Open Amazon Prime and access Prime Video on your Mac or PC. Start the movie or series you want to watch with subtitles.
- Click the speech bubble icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on the language you want to use and the subtitles will be activated.
- You can also click “Subtitle Settings” in the pop-up window to change the size and color of the subtitle text.
To turn off subtitles again, click the speech bubble icon again and select "Turn Off".
- Open the Prime Video app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Start the movie or program you want to activate subtitles for.
- Tap the speech bubble icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the language you want to use and the subtitles will be activated. Tap "Subtitle Settings" to customize the appearance of the subtitles.
- Start playing the show or movie on Amazon Prime Video for which you want to enable subtitles.
- Select the “CC” icon from the playback menu using the remote control. If you don't see the CC icon, subtitles may not be available for this title.
- You can also check your subtitle display settings and create pre-settings if your device allows it, in the Subtitle Settings menu.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV
To turn them off, follow the same steps but click "Off". Depending on your smart TV, you can select the subtitle language in advance in the settings or in the Prime Video app in the Subtitle Settings menu.