What to do if you need to find the Windows 7 Product Key code. Use free software for search for the Windows 7 product key. If you are preparing to reinstall Windows 7, you will need to locate Windows 7 product key unique, sometimes also called Windows 7 serial, activation key or product code.
Normally, this product key can be found on a sticker on your computer or found in the manual or disc case that comes with Windows 7. However, if you don't have a physical copy of the product key, that doesn't mean you can't to retrieve.
Il Product Key di Windows 7 is filed in the registry. It's encrypted, which means it's not easily readable, but a special program will extract it for you.
See the Windows Product Key FAQs for learn more about product keys and how they work in Windows.
The manual techniques used to locate the product key for earlier versions of Windows will not work with Windows 7. These manual steps will only locate the product ID number for Windows 7, not the product key used for installation. So, if you've already done this type of thing in Windows XP or Vista, you'll need to use the process outlined below instead.
Follow the steps below to locate your Windows 7 product key code.
- What is a Product Key? [Where to find it?]
- Choose a free product key finder program from this list that supports Windows 7. Any product key finder tool that finds Windows 7 product keys will locate product keys for any version of Windows 7: Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter. We used Belarc Advisor. Most of the product key search programs below mentioned works well with Windows Vista, such as Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, Winkeyfinder, LicenseCrawler and ProduKey.
- Download and run the serial search program. Follow the instructions provided by the software.
- The numbers and letters displayed by the program represent the Windows 7 product key. The product key must be formatted like this: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. To be clear, there are five sets of five letters and numbers.
- Write this key code exactly as the program shows you. Most of the keyfinder tools allow you to export the key to a text file or copy it to the clipboard. If even one character is misspelled, the Windows 7 installation attempting with this product key will fail.
- Reinstall Windows 7 using that product key.
If you need to install the Windows 7 operating system but still can't find your Windows 7 product key, even with a product key finder, you have two options.
The first thing to try would be to request a replacement product key from Microsoft, which should cost around $ 10. This doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.
If Microsoft doesn't solve the problem, all you have to do is upgrade your operating system to Windows 10.
- Windows 7: how to migrate to Windows 10 for free before it's too late?