There are tons of free Mac cleaning apps available in the market. Among them, CCleaner is one of the most popular. But it looks like you're not happy using it, right? That's why you are here. So what are you waiting for? Read our article further and see which are the best CCleaner alternatives for your macOS.
All electronics, including gadgets and cars, need constant maintenance. Likewise, your PC or Mac also needs spring cleaning for increased durability and performance. Cleaning up your Mac isn't just about freeing up space, it also includes data organization, junk file cleaning, and other unwanted data. Hence, the tools we use to perform all these tasks should be the best and dedicated Mac cleaning apps.
- The best programs to optimize PC (Windows and Mac)
Of course, CCleaner does its job well. It is designed to find unnecessary files, free up disk space, and is available for Mac, Windows, and Android. However, Mac users are looking for its alternatives because CCleaner isn't fast. Also, junk removal is required and rarely cleans up partial downloads, lists old and large files. Hence the need for the best CCleaner alternatives.
As a Mac user, I know seeing that rainbow wheel is frustrating. Therefore, I always like to keep my Mac optimized and clean. For this, I use different tools and I recommend you to use them. Once you use these tools, you will see an increase in performance.
Offered by MacPaw, CleanMyMac X is an excellent cleaning tool. It provides great specific tools and has earned its name for the way it works. It is among the best CCleaner alternatives as it detects junk files, finds and removes malware, optimizes the Mac for performance, and helps uninstall applications without leaving traces. Also, it offers Shredder to delete files and more permanently.
Features of CleanMyMac X
- Removes Malware
- Browsing history and traces of online and offline activity removed instantly
- One button that does it all
- It's a great performance monitor.
- Best protection tool
- Quick scan
- Free version available
- Guide through regular disc checks
- Notification messages are a bit intrusive
Most popular free Mac cleaner and macOS uninstaller software. This is accurate in his work. When it comes to uninstalling and deleting unwanted programs from your Mac, AppCleaner leaves no stone unturned. It detects all matching files from every angle and removes them. Once you use AppCleaner to uninstall an app, it appears to have never been installed.
To use it, simply drag the software into it. This best CCleaner alternative will search for files, if hidden, and notify them before deleting them. AppCleaner is an ultimate tool, and best of all, you don't have to spend a dime to use it.
Features of AppCleaner
- Free Mac Cleanup Tool
- Decide what action to take.
- Uninstall apps without leaving any residue
- Reset app preferences
- Easy installation
- Drag and drop to uninstall apps
- Excellent space saving and performance enhancement
- It works only as an uninstaller. It is not a multipurpose app.
Disk Clean Pro, all in one is designed to boost system performance and clean junk files. It offers duplicate file cleaner and remover, partial file download remover, and other similar features.
Features of Disk Clean Pro
- Helps to clean junk files, unused language files, caches, cookies, etc.
- Delete local copy of email attachments and downloads
- Runs a thorough scan to clean up errors
- Offers privacy on the internet
- 100% safe to use
- One-click optimization tool
- Offers cleaning and privacy features
- How to delete data from a hard drive of a PC or Mac
1. What's wrong with CCleaner? Why look for an alternative?
Even after receiving bad publicity, CCleaner is a powerful Mac cleaner tool. But as the Mac is getting advanced, we need a more advanced tool that is fast and thorough. Hence the need to look for the best CCleaner alternative.
2. Are CCleaner alternatives safe to use?
Used by millions of people around the world, the CCleaner alternatives listed above are reliable and safe to use.
3. What is the best CCleaner alternative?
The paid ones are always better. They are thoroughly tested and can be trusted.
With that, the list of the best CCleaner alternatives comes to an end. You can use any program. However, if you want an optimization app and a malware cleaner, CleanMyMac X is there. Also, if you just want an uninstaller, then you know App Cleaner is the choice.