How to Record Video on Mac with Webcam and QuickTime, Have you ever wanted to record video on Mac using Webcam? Perhaps you want to capture a special moment with a film, record a video, record a video for social media, or for any other purpose. Whatever the reason, you can easily record a video on a Mac using the FaceTime Webcam and an app.
There are several ways to make a video on a Mac, but let's see how to record a video with QuickTime Player and the webcam, this software is found on all Macs and practically every Mac has a webcam to record with. . The final result will be a movie that can be shared, uploaded, edited, or otherwise used as you wish.
How to Record Video on Mac with Webcam and QuickTime
- Open QuickTime Player on the Mac OS, you can find it in the Applications folder.
- Open the "File" menu and choose "Record New Movie".
- The FaceTime webcam will activate and will be visible on the screen, click the red button to start recording the movie.
- When finished recording, press the Stop button to stop recording
- Go to the "File" menu and choose "Save" (or export).
- Give the recorded movie a name and save the recorded movie in a folder of your choice.
The video file format, by default, will be recorded as .mov QuickTime but you can also save it in another format if you wish, or convert it to a different video format.
The .mov file format is widely compatible and can be uploaded directly to any social site, and be immediately viewable by any Mac, iPhone, iPad, Windows or Android user with an appropriate media player.
The resolution of the recorded video depends on the Mac model, since each Mac has a webcam with a different resolution.
It's also possible to record video directly to Mac with iMovie, and some third-party applications, but QuickTime is so fast, simple and efficient, that if you're looking to capture a quick movie, it's by far the easiest choice.