So you want to know how to activate Apple Airplay on MAC, iPhone and Android, you are in the right place. By the end of this tutorial, you will have learned how to activate Apple's Airplay on MAC, iPhone and Android. Airplay is an Apple tool for sharing media.
It allows different devices to connect to each other to play multimedia material, sending the signal through the Wi-Fi network and thus allowing you to take photos, videos or music from one terminal to another, acting as a screen that replicates what the first one shows .
Activate Airplay on MAC, iPhone and Android
It is used to create presentations, play video from a phone on a TV or even convert it to a music player, if desired. On Mac computers, Airplay can also be used to connect another screen and have an extra desk to work on, or to do anything that can be done with iPhone phones as well.
Not sure how to activate Airplay? If you have any questions about the procedure, in this guide we look at what to do with each device. We explain everything you need to do on not only iPhone or Mac, but expand and present one solution to use Airplay also on Android, despite not having official support.
It might interest you: How to use Airplay on Firestick and Fire TV [iOS]
How to activate Airplay MAC
On Mac, you don't have to do much for enable and use Airplay. Pay attention and follow each step below:
- With the Mac turned on and the system started, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi wireless network . Likewise, you need to verify that the device you intend to send the content to is also on the same network.
- Time open the program you want to broadcast. Make sure it is compatible with Airplay, otherwise you will not be able to continue.
- Once inside, go to the available controls and search an icon that contains a box and an arrow , since it is that of Airplay. You have to click on it.
- Subsequently, a list of connected and available devices will be displayed. Choose the one you want to send the signal to and you are done activating and using this tool.
If you prefer, you can duplicate or extend your Mac screen with Airplay compatible device. You just have to go to the top bar of the main window and click on this tool icon, then choose the target device and decide what you want to do. You can mirror from your computer to the TV, vice versa or even share the screen between them for more space.
How to activate Airplay iPhone
- First of all, check that your device's Wi-Fi connection is turned on. Go to the "Settings”And look at the "Wi-Fi" to verify.
- Now make sure the device you want to stream to is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. Otherwise, this tool will not work.
- Now choose the app whose content you want to send to the other device. During playback, tap the icon that contains a box with an arrow. It is that of "Airplay".
- If you wish, you can also mirror the screen to the other device. To do this, start by opening the "Control Center" on your iPhone. Swipe from bottom to top and it will appear.
- Press the arrow icon to access the menu Airplay.
- Choose the device you want to send this to that appears on the phone screen.
- Se a code appears on the destination screen, enter it in the field that now appears on your terminal.
- Finished process .
- Then choose the device to which you want to send the signal and the game it's done.
How to activate Android AirPlay
- Log in to Google Play Store by clicking on its icon.
- Once inside, search for the app "Code". Go to the search engine, type in your name and click on the first result that appears. You can also download the app from the link you find here.
- Download the application by clicking on the button "Install" and wait for the process to complete. Now open this app.
- When you are inside, you need to access the "Settings" section to access the program settings.
- Next, go to the section "Net" and click on it.
- Now look for the field "AirPlay”And click on it to change its parameters. On the right side, turn on the option “Enable AirPlay Support”.
- Now go to the Mac or iPhone you have and turn on AirPlay as well. When it comes to recognizing devices, you will see one called one “Kodi (localhost)” . Press on it and you will transmit the signal to the Android terminal with Kodi open.
You might be interested in reading: How to use AirPlay on Windows