If sending, receiving and managing SMS are no longer practical on Android, the system does not allow automatic backup of text messages. Also, to avoid losing valuable information or keeping track of SMS, it might be interesting to save them.
How to Backup and Restore Android Text Messages
It must be said that in the event of a smartphone breakdown, reset or reset, all your data will be lost! But how to backup and restore Android text messages?
How to save SMS on Android?
Android does not natively support SMS backup and restore, but there are several apps on the Play Store that have this feature with different handling. If you want to be able to access your backups anywhere, you can save them directly to your Gmail account.
The SMS Backup + application interacts with your Gmail account. Your SMS are then available under the “SMS” label. The application also backs up and manages call logs and MMS and can restore all these data to your smartphone.
Additionally, SMS Backup & Restore backup or restore applications can store messages on an SD card and then restore messages from that backup.
You can also edit the SMS backup. The SMS to Text application allows you to save your SMS in CSV and TXT format. You can then transfer the backup to your computer for editing and then reload it to your smartphone and restore all messages.
The SMS backup procedure explained in detail
To save your SMS on Android, you need your smartphone (necessarily) and an application like SMS Backup & Restore. Make sure you follow the instructions below:
- open the SMS backup and restore application;
- click on “Save” and choose the backup path;
- click on “OK” to confirm your choice;
- after the warning window, check the box for approval;
- give your backup a name;
- check the box if you also want to save your MMS;
- choose the type of backup: backup all files or part of them;
- choose whether you want to back up your data on your smartphone or on the cloud;
- click OK;
- finally, close the window.
And now, just save your SMS and MMS, without risking losing your data.
- How to recover deleted SMS from Android