How to clear cache on iPhone or iPad. Are you running out of space on your iPhone? Do you want increase the performance of your iPad? Your mobile or tablet needs cleaning? These four tricks will allow you to clean iPhone cache the iPad. It will be as if you have a new Apple smartphone or tablet.
Accumulate information in the cache of your iPhone or iPad it's usually one of the most common causes of running out of space on a device - which is why you can't save photos and it's slower than usual. Fortunately, this is not the end.
Simply deleting the history, i cookie, temporary files and applications that consume too much RAM you can regain control of your Apple smartphone or tablet. Keep in mind that all of this degrades the performance of a device, especially older models.
Read on to find out how to clear iPhone memory. You will see how fast it will go and how much space you will get by applying one of the tricks we suggest, although for the best results we recommend that you try them all. There is also a list of iPhone cleaning applications to try as well.
How to clear iPhone or iPad cache
1. Clean Safari cache
One of the most effective solutions for clean your iPhone or iPad and the clearing the Safari cache. Over time, Apple's browser accumulates cookies and data from websites that only take up space.
Next, find the steps to follow to delete this information stored in the CPU of your smartphone or tablet. Remember that user credentials and passwords saved in Safari will also be deleted.
- Open the application "Settings"And scroll down until you find the option"Safari". Click on it.
- On the new screen, scroll down and tap "Clear history and website data". Confirm the action by clicking on "Clear history and data".
2. How to delete iPhone app data
As we use the applications on our device, they accumulate data and files in the cache. It is therefore useful to know the guidelines to follow to eliminate this temporary information forever.
- In the app "Settings", Tap the option"General".
- Then, select "IPhone storage”-“ iPad storage ”in the case of an iPad - and, on the new screen, scroll down to see the applications you have installed. On the right side of each application on the list you will see the space it occupies. If it is larger than 500MB, it is recommended that you delete the app and reinstall it.
- In our case, we chose to remove and reinstall WhatsApp, which currently occupies 5.57 GB, of which 5.46 is documents and data. To delete the app, we tap it in the list, followed by "Delete app”And we confirm the action.
- Finally, if we want to continue using the application, we open the App Store and download it again.
3. Turn your iPhone or iPad off and on again
The above two tricks should be more than enough to clear the iPhone cache or iPad. However, experience tells us that it is usually much more effective if we restart the device often, especially older models.
- Press and hold the side button on the iPhone or iPad or the top button on the iPhone 5s or earlier, until you see the following message: “Swipe to turn off". Then, slide the power button to turn off the device.
- Wait as long as it takes until your iPhone or iPad turns off completely and press the side or top button again for a few seconds to turn it on.
The device will start to light up when a white screen appears with the black apple logo in the middle.
Application to clean iPhone
Surely the fastest and most effective way is to use a specially designed iPhone Cleaner and iPhone Cache app. There are some free options, although the ones with more benefits are available.
After installing one of these cleaning applications on your PC or Mac, you will need to connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer, open the app and wait for it to start working. Here we present two of the most popular free apps for clean iPhone or iPad memory.
1. How to clean iPhone memory with PhoneClean
One of the free solutions to clear the cache of your Apple device is the trial version of the PhoneClean program, created by iMobie, available for Windows and Mac.
To enjoy all its possibilities, you can purchase one of the subscription plans, which include exclusive features such as cleaning photo caches. The annual price of these licenses varies between € 19,99 and € 39,99.
Here's how to install and use the PhoneClean app:
- Go to the official PhoneClean page, click on the green button "Download now”And follow the simple download instructions.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the .dmg file, open it and drag the PhoneClean icon into the "Applications".
- Open the PhoneClean program and accept the software license agreement.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer's USB port. Remember that you need to unlock your smartphone or tablet and tap "Trust”When the device sends you a warning message.
- Once the program has located your device, it will give you the option to start cleaning the contents. The first step is to find these temporary files that take up so much space, so click on the button "Scan".
- Once the scanner has finished, you can perform the cleaning by clicking on "Clear”And you will have an iPhone or iPad without cache and faster.
2. iMyFone Umate
Another one of the iPhone cache clearing programs that has a free version is called iMyFone Umate. Downloadable for Windows and Mac computers, you need to acquire one of the licenses to take full advantage of the app.
The operations with iMyFone Umate are very intuitive, but in any case, here are the guidelines to follow:
- Access the iMyFone Umate official website and download the program by clicking on "Try it for free".
- Open the file .dmg downloaded and install the program by dragging the iMyFone Umate icon into the "Applications".
- When you open the newly installed program, you will get a warning message that warns you not to sync your iPhone or iPad with iTunes while using iMyFone Umate. Click on "OK".
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the USB port of your PC or Mac using a 30-pin or Lightning cable depending on your device model.
- On the main program screen, click "Quick scan”So that iMyFone Umate finds the temporary files from the cache.
- Now you can check how much space you will free by deleting temporary files. Finally, click on the option "Clear”Which will appear on the right.