So you want to know how to create an account on Microsoft Teams. In this article we will explain to you what is Microsoft Teams and how to get started for free creating your first account from scratch with the Microsoft tool. It's a productivity tool, much like others like Slack, and is open to Microsoft 365 subscribers or any user with an Outlook or Hotmail account.
We will start by explaining the concept of this tool and some of its main features. So we'll tell you step by step how to create your first account from scratch in Microsoft Teams, and then it's up to you to start shaping it by creating channels and inviting other attendees.
What is Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a group productivity tool created by Microsoft. It is a unified communication and collaboration platform, where you can create a chat with different channels to organize your teams and the ability to send private messages between collaborators, you can combine them with a video conferencing or file storage system.
This platform does integrates with your Microsoft 365 account and its applications, so that from there you can open all the tools of the office and use them alone or in a group with your colleagues.
Work teams have everything at their fingertips in the different Microsoft Teams “tabs”, from which they can integrate various cloud services and manage different teams.
As for the chat function, not only will you have channels and the ability to write private messages to communicate and organize without leaving your desk. It also offers a modern interface and the ability to hold meetings and video calls.
You can also look up everything that was said to remember the things that were said and 10GB of storage for your team and 2 GB of personal storage for users.
Related article: Applications for making free video calls
It offers the ability to manage teams of up to 500.000 users, sharing the screen with others during meetings, both on the whole computer and on specific applications.
Even the background is blurry in video calls, you can even add guests to your groups for sporadic collaborations. You will be able to create collaborative documents, exchange files and integrate over 250 compatible applications and services.
Having said a few words about what Microsoft Teams is, now let's move on to explain how to create an account on Microsoft Teams.
How to create an account on Microsoft Teams
There are two ways you can sign up for Microsoft Teams. This does not mean that they are pirated methods or anything like that. You just need to have an invitation link or Microsoft email in your company. For each case, we explain step by step what you should do:
How to create a Microsoft Teams account with an invite link
As this is a teamwork application, the most logical thing is that you use your company's email, so you can easily connect with the rest of your colleagues. If so, the easiest way to get started with Microsoft Teams is to have your company send you an email with the invitation link. After receiving it, this is what you should do:
- Open your new mailbox, open the email with the invitation and click on the button where the link will take you to a new tab. There you can choose whether to use the web version or the desktop version.
- If you open the email from your mobile, you will be redirected to Google Play, where you can download the mobile application.
- To register, you will need your Microsoft account.
- Fill in the boxes with yours personal informations.
- Choose yours username and profile photo.
- Done, you should be able to take advantage of the services offered by Microsoft Teams.
How to create a Microsoft Teams account using Microsoft mail
The first thing is to have a Microsoft account. If you don't have it, here it is what you should do:
- Visit the Microsoft home page.
- Write your organization's email id.
- If you wish, you can choose the option for register with a phone number.
- After filling in the empty bar, click on the "Next" button. This will take you to a new drop-down menu.
- Subsequently, create a password that meets the criteria they indicate.
- Check your inbox, surely you have received an email with the verification code. Just copy and paste it into the menu with the option to verify the email.
- Your email account was created successfully. You can now visit the Microsoft Teams page.
- Log in using theMicrosoft user who you just created.
Download Microsoft Teams on your mobile
Since you can't always be glued to the computer, it will be useful to download the Microsoft Teams application on your mobile. This way you can view new messages and real-time progress of the project.
It might interest you: How to steal neighbor's WiFi password, fast