This article explains how to find Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 and how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 PCs. Bluetooth is built into all Windows 10 laptops, but if your desktop PC doesn't support it, you can always add a Bluetooth adapter.
How to activate the Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10?
Before you can connect printers, headsets, and other devices to your computer via Bluetooth, you need to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Open Windows Settings. Go up Start > Settings, or use the keyboard shortcut Windows + I.
- Select devices.
- Select Bluetooth and other devices in the left sidebar, then make sure the switch Bluetooth sia impostat his On.
The 10 best bluetooth headphones with the best value for money
Pair a Bluetooth device from the Windows Action Center
Alternatively, you can turn on Bluetooth on your Windows PC from the Action Center. Select the comic in the taskbar, or press Windows key + A to open the Windows Action Center. Look for the icon Bluetooth and make sure it is highlighted. You may need to expand the list of options to find it.
How to manage Bluetooth devices
To add and manage your Bluetooth devices, go to the Bluetooth settings or select the icon Bluetooth in the Windows taskbar (you may need to click the up arrow to expand the icon list). A pop-up window will appear with a list of options. From here, you can add devices, transfer files via Bluetooth to nearby devices, join a personal network, or go straight to Bluetooth settings.
How to connect a Bluetooth device to Windows 10
Once Bluetooth is enabled, you can connect a device:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings and select Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device and put it into pairing mode.
- Wait for the device to appear in the device list, then select it.
Depending on the device, you may need to enter a PIN displayed on the Bluetooth device.
Where is Bluetooth in Windows 10 and how to use it
Why can't I turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10?
If the Bluetooth on your Windows PC is not working or is turned off, your computer may not support it, in this case you need to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter. There may also be a hardware problem with the Bluetooth device or there may be a problem with Windows services.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on Windows 10
If you know your computer has built-in Bluetooth, but it's not working, try running the Windows troubleshooter:
- Type Troubleshooting in the Windows search bar and select Troubleshooting settings.
- Scroll down to Find and solve other problems, select Bluetooth, then select Run the troubleshooter.
- The computer will search for problems and fix them automatically or provide suggestions for further action.
How to turn automatic Bluetooth on and off on Windows PC
If you're still having trouble with Bluetooth on your PC, another option is to set the Bluetooth service to automatic:
- Press the button Windows + R on your keyboard, type Services.msc in the Run box, then select OK.
- Right-click on Bluetooth support service and select Property.
- Set the startup type su Automatic, select starts under Service status, then select OK.
Bluetooth not working in Windows 10, how to fix