The unofficial version of Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie has been released for Galaxy A5 2017. If you are a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 user, you should try to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android 9.0 Pie. We are grateful to senior member58 for the ROM.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 was launched in January 2017. The phone features a 5,20 inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is powered by a 7880GHz Exynos 1,9 octa-core processor and comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) was released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery
As I said before, it is an unofficial ROM. ROM is in its beta stage, so it's not completely stable according to the developer. There are some bugs that are fixed with each update. Carefully follow the guide on how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Update Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 to Android 9 Pie via Lineage OS 16.
- Activate the USB Debugging on the device (you must first activate the Developer Options): Settings -> Device Info -> Software Info -> Click 7 times on Build Number then again on Settings -> Developer Options and activate the USB Debugging mode.
- How to root Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 on Android 8.0 Oreo
- How to install TWRP custom recovery on Galaxy A5 2017
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery charge.
- Back up your Android device. Proceed now to install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017.
- Lineage OS 16 per Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Download GApps for Lineage OS 16
How to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Before flashing any ROM, it is highly recommended to make a nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Download and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to the internal memory of the device / external memory if possible.
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery by simultaneously pressing the ”Volume down + Power” button. On some phones, the recovery menu can be accessed by pressing the ”Volume Up + Power” button.
- Select "Wipe" from the TWRP main menu and do a "Swipe to Factory Reset" at the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu, tap “Install” and select the .zip file of the ROM you transferred to your device in step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, "Swipe to Confirm Flash" at the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation procedure. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is displayed correctly, you will see the “Wipe cache / dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” at the bottom of the screen.
- Now install the Gapps file similar to how you installed the ROM file.
- After installing the Gapps, you will see the “Wipe cache / dalvik” option, select it and then “Swipe to wipe” at the bottom of the screen.
- After installing both the ROM and the Gapps, restart your device.
You just finished installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any problems or need help, feel free to ask in the comments box below.