How to restore the official firmware on the Galaxy S8 Plus. In this post we explain how to reinstall the official operating system on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. A few weeks ago we wrote about how to hard reset the Galaxy S8, but if it didn't work or it wasn't enough you just have to learn how to restore the official firmware on the Galaxy S8 Plus.
Most of the features are identical to the Galaxy S8, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB). By installing firmware on the Galaxy S8 Plus you can solve bootloop, unbrick and many more problems.
If you are reading this article, will it be because you have fiddled too much? Or just because you have decided to revert to the original firmware version on your Galaxy S8 Plus. Whatever the reason, we just hope to help you with this guide.
With the procedure written in this guide you can reinstall the official / original operating system on the Galaxy S8 Plus. This smartphone is practically identical to the Galaxy S8 in the software, in the camera but has larger dimensions. Change the battery and how it feels in the hands.
According to connoisseurs of the sector, the normal one is more comfortable in everyday use. The Galaxy S8 Plus also has a shorter battery life due to its large display. You now have a problem with this smartphone and we need to restore the official firmware on the Galaxy S8 Plus.
A few weeks ago we wrote many guides on this smartphone that you can find in this section. Performing this procedure on your Galaxy S8 Plus will delete all the files on your smartphone such as music, mp3, videos and more. How to backup on Galaxy S8 Plus.
The version we are going to install on the Galaxy S8 Plus is version 7.0. To reinstall the firmware on this device, you need to meet a few simple requirements. First you need to install the drivers on your computer. How to install drivers for the Galaxy S8 Plus.
To activate USB debugging, if you don't know how to do it, just read the following guide. Then you have to download the official firmware that you find at the following link from the sammobile.com site and again download and install Odin on your computer. Download Odin.
Once the following requirements have been met, we can move forward with the guide.
- Assuming you have downloaded the file from the link above, it is time to begin the installation procedure.
- The first step is to extract the Odin file and the firmware file you downloaded from the link above.
- Once that's done, it's time to turn off your phone and proceed with the installation.
- Now enter download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and + Home + Power button together.
- Once this is done, install Odin.
- Now connect the phone to the PC to proceed.
- As soon as you connect it, Odin will automatically detect the device.
- Once the device is detected, open the application window and choose the 'tar' file.
- Make sure that the 'Auto Reboot' options are selected as well as the F.Reset Time option.
- After this press the start button to proceed.
- As soon as it's done your device will reboot with the new firmware.
The first reboot may take a while, so sit back and be patient.