It's easy to speed up a video on your iPhone or bring back a Slo-Mo video to normal speed. To speed up a video on your iPhone, it's best to use iMovie or the Photos app. You can speed up video with iMovie using the Speed button in the video editing toolbar. You can speed up slow motion videos in the Photos app by dragging the vertical bars together in the Edit menu.
You can speed up a video on an iPhone in two different ways, depending on the type of file you are working with. If you've recorded a video using iPhone's Slo-Mo feature, it's easy to speed it up in the Photos app. You want to make an iPhone video where time seems to run faster, but if your video is at normal speed, the best way to speed it up is to upload it to iMovie.
- How to change video speed online
How to speed up a video on your iPhone in iMovie
- Install iMovie on your iPhone and open the app.
- On the Projects page, tap the + sign to start a new movie. A New Projects pop-up window will appear. Tap "Movies".
- Search and select the video you want to upload before selecting “Create Movie”. Tap the video clip in the timeline and wait for the video editing tools to appear before selecting the speed tool.
- If you're having trouble identifying the Speed tool, look for the speedometer icon.
- Drag the slider right towards the bunny to speed up the video up to twice its normal speed.
- You can preview the changes by tapping the Play button at the top of the screen.
- Tap "Done" in the upper left corner of the screen. Press the Share button at the bottom of the screen and choose how to save the completed video.
You just finished speeding up a video with iMovie on iPhone.
- 12 of the best TikTok video editing apps to wow your followers
How To Speed Up A Slo-Mo Video On Your iPhone in the Photos app
- Open the Photos app and select "Albums".
- Album is to the right of the magnifying glass icon in the bottom menu.
- In the “Media Types” section, select “Slo-Mo”.
- Select the video you want to speed up and tap "Edit" at the top right to get started.
- You will need to select your video file before you can see the edit option.
- Drag the tall white vertical bars located at the top of the frame viewer together to completely remove the Slo-Mo effect and speed up the video.
- The longer white bars will indicate where the slo-mo begins and ends.
- Tap "Done".
- The white bars should overlap in the frame's timeline.