Root Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro and unlock the Bootloader. Xiaomi has added Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro to the list of flagship devices. Both devices are packed with top-notch specifications and made a notable debut with record sales. It features specs like Snapdragon 865, 108MP camera, 90Hz display so you can imagine the performance of the phone.
If you own Mi 10 or Mi 10 pro, this guide will help you get advanced features on your device. Here you will find out how to root Mi 10 Pro and how to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Pro.
The phone is designed as a premium device with a curved AMOLED display. Xiaomi has released the Mi 10 in various storage variants such as 8GB / 128GB, 8GB / 256GB, and 12GB / 256GB. Likewise the Mi 10 Pro is also available in many storage variants. If you like to customize your device, root can be one of the options that allow you to enable advanced customization options.
Root has many benefits such as support for Xposed modules, custom startup, custom fonts, third party themes, and much more. You can also remove the bloatware from your phone. Xiaomi allows its users to easily unlock the bootloader and root the phone. So let's move on to the root of Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro.
How to root Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
This guide will work on both Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro phones. There are many methods to root Mi 10 Pro and Mi 10, including Magisk, Custom Recovery and others. At the time of writing this guide, TWRP is not available, so we will share the guide on Mi 10 Pro root using the Magisk patched file. But to root your Mi 10 you need to unlock Bootloader first.
Unlock Xiaomi Mi 10 bootloader
All Xiaomi and other branded phones come with locked bootloaders unless you bought a phone with unlocked bootloader. Unlocked bootloader helps us to customize our devices such as root, install custom recovery, custom ROMs, etc.
And the great thing is that Xiaomi has an official tool to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi devices. And it makes it easy to unlock the bootloader. So, if you want to root Xiaomi Mi 10, then follow the steps below to unlock the bootloader.
- Unlocking the bootloader on Mi 10 will delete all data on your phone, so first make a full backup of your important data.
- Download the Mi Unlock tool on your PC. Also, install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Now open the Settings on your phone and log into the Mi account and wait at least 7 days. And if you've been logged in for more than 7 days, skip this step.
- Then go to Settings> Mi Account> Mi Cloud and enable “Sync” and “Find Device”. Moreover, syncs all give app at least once.
- Now you need to enable developer options, so go on Phone information and touches 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version and “You are now a developer” will be displayed.
- To open Developer Options, go to Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Connect your device to the Internet and activate with the same number you used in your Mi account. So go on Mi Unlock Status (in developer options) and link your Mi account.
- Now start your Mi 10 Pro in Fastboot mode. Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time and release the buttons when the Mi Bunny picture appears on your phone.
- Make sure your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open it Mi Unlock tool and log in with the same Mi account you are using on your Mi 10 Pro.
- When it detects your phone, click the “Unlock Now” button.
- Time will unlock the bootloader of Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro and this will erase all data.
Note: If the instrument stops at 99%, wait a few days and try the same method again.
After unlocking the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro you can easily root your device. If you want to root your Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, you can follow the guide below. But first, be sure to check if you have the requirements mentioned below.
- Make sure you unlock Mi 10 Pro's Bootloader
- Make a full backup of the data to restore if something goes wrong
- Download the Magisk Manager APK
- Installa i driver ADB e Fastboot sul PC
- Download the firmware for your phone (same version installed)
How to root Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro with patched image Magisk
- First, copy the Magisk Manager apk to your phone and install it.
- Extract the downloaded firmware to your PC. Open the extracted folder and copy the file boot.img in the phone memory.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first one installation and on the next pop-up screen click Install.
- On the next screen choose "Select and patch a file".
- It will take you to file storage, select the file boot.img . It will start to fix the file, please wait for the fix process.
- After applying the patches, the patched file will be saved in the Downloads folder with the name magic_patched.img o patched_boot.img.
- Then copy the patched file to your computer in place C: adb. E rename il file in boot.img.
- Then turn off the Mi 10 Pro ed run theboot in Fastboot mode (use the guide provided to unlock the bootloader). Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Fastboot mode.
- Go to the C: adb folder, Shift + right click on an empty area and select "Open PowerShell window here" or "Open command window here".
- Enter the following commands in the Command / PowerShell window to check if it's connected, it should return id.
- Once connected, enter the following command to flash the patched boot image Mi 10 Pro root .
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot file, reboot the phone into the system using the following command.
- When the device boots into the system, open the Magisk Manager app and follow the in-app instructions.
- That's it, now your Mi 10 Pro has been successfully rooted.
This will allow you to use new features by default, such as removing system apps that you don't need. You can add modules to enhance various apps by unlocking additional features.