The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: tricks to earn infinite money [PS4 - Xbox One - PC]
Here is a fairly simple method of earning easy money in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt from the very early stages of the game.
How to make big money in the Witcher 3
Before taking action, two important notes that we usually make in this type of guide. First of all remember that the exploit will probably be patched, then with future updates the trick may no longer work. Secondly, I must remind you that limited money is one of the reasons for playing the best (and longest) games like this one, so don't abuse this trick if you don't want to spoil the fun.
Method 1: the shells
This method is as damn simple as it is effective: go to the Heirarch Center in Novigrad and find the vendor with the fish counter. The trader sells the shells for only 7 crowns each, buy as many as possible (let the time pass for a few hours to make him replace the supplies). When you have your fill of shells go to the blacksmith who is nearby and have the shells "disassemble" turning them into pearls (the cost is 1 crown for each shell transformed into a pearl).
Now you can sell the pearls to the same blacksmith who, you won't believe it, will buy them for 109 crowns. With 10 shells you will therefore earn about 1000 crowns, when you only spent 80 to buy them and turn them into pearls. Watch the video which follows an alternative method of making money.
Method 2: the cows
This method can be done at the beginning of the game, in the Midscope town in the White Orchard area where you will arrive with the main quest "Hunting a Witch". Here's how to proceed:
• Phase 1: When you are in Midcopse town, before you cross the Woesong Bridge out of town, jump over the cattle pen into the pasture with the cows.
• Phase 2: Kill all the grazing cows. They can be killed with a single sword stroke, but using fire magic should do it even faster.
• Phase 3: after killing all the cows you will have to wait (from the pause menu choose to meditate) for at least 2 hours at the point where you have just completed the slaughter of cows. Advancing the time for two hours is enough for all the cows to reappear. So start over with the extermination of cattle and repeat as many times as you can.
• Phase 4: When you have enough you can sell the cowhides to earn a lot of money (the meat you can keep, it will come in handy for healings). The skins can be sold to the trader who is on the right on the road next to the cow pasture you are in. Talk to the trader and when you are in his shop's inventory go to the "Other" tab to find the skins, then sell to earn a lot of nice crowns.
• Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you have earned the money you need.
Below is a video showing how to put this process into practice: